Atlanta Newborn Photographer
5 Tips on What to Wear For Family and Newborn Photos:
Here are some of my favorite outfits for Family Photos. I am also sharing 5 tips for choosing the best looks for your family.
- Start with Mom: This is the most valuable tip I can give! It is always the hardest to choose your own outfit. Am I right?!? So find something you love and feel comfortable and beautiful in. Once mom’s outfit is chosen, the rest of the outfits can be coordinated with hers. I would always suggest a flowing long dress, you can do a solid color or a pattern. These dresses photograph beautifully and can be worn over and over again. This dress & this dress would look gorgeous! Also this dress is one of my FAVES!
- Choose one Patterned outfit: Choosing one person to wear a pattern and the rest of the family to wear solid colors is always a great idea. For example, Mom would choose a beautiful floral dress and the kids would wear colors that coordinates with her outfit. I love these outfits for newborns, babies, and children. This is one of my favorites for baby girls and the knitted bottom is just gorgeous!
- Textures: Textures and layers add so much interest to photos. Add a scarf or a cardigan. Layer a sweater over a button up long sleeve shirt for dad.
- Avoid logos or appliques: I always suggest avoiding logos and appliques. I know they are cute out and about. But, they are totally distracting in photographs. So leave the cute sweater with the adorable heart applique at home:)
- Make sure the outfits reflect you: Lastly, make sure you feel like yourself! If you are wearing a dress and you feel completely weird in a dress then wear a pair of skinny jeans, great shoes, and and oversized sweater. Also, make sure kids are not itchy or wearing clothes that are uncomfortable. It will show it pictures.
I hope you enjoyed a few of these ideas. Up next on the blog is How to survive the first months with your newborn! If you are interested in booking your own newborn photography session contact me today!
Follow Me On:
This post contains affiliate links.